IFFDC Liverpool Football College is a special community, where hard work, commitment and high standards are the norm. We have witnessed many fine achievements over the last academic year. I would like to thank our staff and students for their continued conscientious approach, endeavour and dedication in raising aspirations and attainment at the college. Our motto 'Achieving Excellence Together' is fundamental to our continued growth and success.
2016/17 was very eventful at the college both academically and on the field of play. The success of our football programme has been outstanding: the under 19 team won one of the world's most famous tournaments, the Dallas Cup, the National Youth Development Cup and the Everton Senior Shield. Success has also been evident in our young student coaches who have gained nationally recognised qualifications and have progressed into coaching roles in the UK and USA.
Students continue to achieve the highest possible outcomes in their studies. 100% of university applicants have received offers from their first choice university course. Congratulations to all those students.
As Head of Education it is a privilege to work in such a positive, vibrant and successful college. We look forward to welcoming you to our college with all the latest developments and innovations as part of the IFFDC vision.
Head of Education
THE FOOTBALL PROGRAMME
The city of Liverpool is synonymous with football which forms the heartbeat of the city. The IFFDC Liverpool Football College enables players to showcase their talents in high profile competitive and friendly matches. Players are supported through innovative coaching delivered by highly experienced and qualified staff.
Liverpool Football College enjoyed a very successful 2016/17 campaign with the U19 men's team winning an unprecedented cup treble. The team ran out victorious in the world famous Dallas Cup. Domestically they won the Everton Senior Shield as well as the National Youth Development League Cup, overcoming Tottenham Hotspur in the final.
A number of players have gained USA Scholarships or have progressed to UK universities while many of the younger players are being monitored closely.
The programme develops the whole player on and off the pitch. Features include:
- - Customised technical programme
- - Personalised training, monitoring fitness and player development
- - UEFA qualified and experienced coaches
- - Guest coaching from ex-professional footballers
- - Guest speakers; agents, ex-professionals, coaches, journalists, sports scientists
- - Regular competitive league and cup games
- - High profile friendlies against Premier and Football League teams
- - Dallas Cup, Surf Cup and European Tours
- - Sports Science approach; team and player analysis, strength and conditioning training, nutritional advice, sports psychologist sessions
- - Potential pathways to professional clubs
- - Kit
- - Opportunities to watch live Premiership and Football League games; visits to training grounds
AIMS AND VALUES
- Develop students' skills for all aspects of their lives
- Create an inclusive learning environment to enable students to fulfil their potential
- Provide pathways into higher education, employment and football
- High expectations
- Staff dedication and professional commitment
- High quality teaching and a disciplined approach to learning
- A caring and supportive environment for all learners
- Praise for achievement at every level
- Target setting to promote a sense of purpose, aspiration, expectation and achievement
IFFDC Liverpool Football College
Students at the college have made rapid strides in becoming coaches this year. After attending a 6 week programme learning how to coach the professional way, students undertake Fundamentals of Movement and FA Level 1 Coaching Award. Our students then went on placements with various coaching companies, including Challenger UK. They have gained an insight and experience into numerous programmes. Students excelled and they are now coaching regularly at IFFDC, IFFDCLFC and at soccer camps at the various Hubs around the city. Some have progressed onto the Foundation Degree and have been in the USA to coach.
NEWS AND UPDATES
Pre-Season at the College
Our students have been attending for their close-season fitness testing, recording their weight and height. The data obtained is used by our fitness analyst to plan specific sessions for the players on their return for pre-season in August. They tested power, endurance and speed. The YO-YO and Illinois tests were carried out over various distances to test the players speed, agility and power.
Polar equipment was used by each player to monitor heart rate and to collect data on all aspects of their fitness. This data will then be examined and used throughout the season to measure progress. They also worked at our fitness complex where the students use specific weight training equipment to improve muscle strength, power and resistance. To finish the sessions our players re-hydrate, refuel and cool down in the pool.
There is an exciting pre-season schedule to showcase players with games against Sunderland, Derby County, Burnley and Blackpool. These high profile games will continue once the season begins with the College teams facing Leicester City and Tranmere Rovers before the Dallas Cup 2018 squads are announced.
For all the latest news and updated
from IFFDC visit the blog.
Stay updated with all the latest content
by accessing our exclusive videos.
The IFFDC Liverpool Football College provides a unique learning experience for 16-19 year olds, providing pathways into the game and into UK and USA universities through a tailored and balanced curriculum
IFFDC Liverpool Football College
Wyncote Sports Grounds,
Mather Avenue, L18 6HF